The Scourge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appearance?

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Appearance? - Page 2 Empty Re: Appearance?

Post  Legolastom Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 am

Thats the mask I was thinking of originally. The fact is should not have a mask, a sider character an important character heck any character can have a mask but the main chaarcter who the player controls who the player becomes, should not hide behind an object.

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:57 am

Oh okaaaay... but we need something. I still think you will change your mind when you see it.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolastom Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:00 am

Ah but he will, based on the characters choices not on some pre determined mask.

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 am

Okay then. But lets not do a fable rip off. The things that change have to be things that realistically can change, like beard, hairstyle/colour and tattoos. Also, can the main character be white. This isnt because I want to be racist, but because if we have a black main character it will probably end up as another stylised 'sergeant johnson' type. Also, there should be a kind of sidekick, but we coul;d do something totally original with this and make it so you can befriend any minor character from the game and make them your sidekick. Obviously, they would have to be on the same side as you. Or we could just make it so that one of the 'ghosts from the past' that Tim mentioned becomes the sidekick.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolastom Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:15 am

1. Why would WE the ones making the game make a black character like that?

2. You’re a racist.

3. Only joking

4. The characters lines and role in the game will change his appearance will be fixed mainly, but of course equipment will change, however if you guys want to we could always make it so his physical appearance can be change by certain things.

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 am

thanks nigga.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:07 am

Okay. Character then

He has no distinguishing features or symbolic things, because apparently that makes him too abnormal.

So, first thing: is he a silent hero, a wisecracker, street talking bloke, apocalyptic kind of 'neo' character, silent hero, stupid macho hero. Lets not opt for the last one please.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolastom Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:22 am

At first he will be silent a lot however once you join one of he factions the characters role starts to change and so will his personality, so if he was scourge he might start to become arrogant and close minded. If he becomes a Templar he might be... who knows.

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:36 am

I LIKE this.
I'm thinking templars are extremely confident, so they will be quite headstrong, but they are also fairly kind, honourable, honest and satisfied with their lives.
Scourge are arrogant, cruel and spiteful but not quite depraved, in the same way that the school bully is.
Both factions are fairly ruthless when it comes to dealing with the other one.

Mongers are like black market arms dealers; greedy and only in it for profit. Sentinels are mostly like the templars but less honourable. The Wights are the silent, shadowy group
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Can the main char have some steampunk style goggles. They wont even be symbolic or anything. They just look cool.

Also, I found a pic that looks kinda like how I imagine a templar:
https://2img.net/h/i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/jeffmd4i/SteampunkFX2-1.jpg
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:05 pm

I've thought of an awesome thing for the character to set him apart and make him cool, but not turn him into a freak!!!!! And it isn't cliched. He could have eyes that are gold, or eyes that are piercingly pale blue. Hang on, I've got a description floating around in a half finished novel somewhere.

Here it is: "Tor was an odd looking individual, for a human. But calling him entirely human would be stretching the truth. He had large, ridged ears that swept back over his skull and were slightly pointed at the ends. His eyes were also large. --His irises were a piercing pale blue, veined with different shades like a sheet of cracked ice over a frozen pool.-- His lower jaw sprouted a pair of vicious, tusk like canines that protruded slightly from under his upper lip."

Just a couple of sentences, but its an unusual visual twist that sets the character apart and isnt cliched. Also, it hasnt been done much. This description was from an old novel of mine, ive got some other awesome descriptions of unusual characters there too.

Umm__ But more than the facial features, the proportion of the entire body was slightly wrong. The arms were of unusual length, ending in slender, many jointed fingers. The toes were odd too. Each one was dexterous, like a second set of fingers.
Most of the male workers were bald, but Tor had a ragged mane of silvery hair. He also had incredibly pale skin to compliment it – he would have looked like a ghost if years of working in the muddy tunnels hadn't stained his skin a darker shade.

Thats one idea.
This next one could be a villain:
The Argent, to Tor's surprise, was a woman. She was a strange looking thing; Tor couldn't quite decide whether she was beautiful or repulsive.
She had slightly paler skin than most Argent; but it still had that healthy golden glow that separated Argent from workers.
Her hair was dark but with a slight crimson tint that set of the deep red of her lips brilliantly. The way it was styled, though, was bizarre. It was shaved on either side so that her hair grew only on a strip at the top of her head. What did grow was long and twisted into dozens of tight plaits, like thick ropes. They stuck straight up from her head and then arced back around her skull to coil on her shoulders or hang down her back. The result was startling; it looked like there was a nest of blood coloured snakes sprouting from her head.
The rest of her features were less startling and more pleasant. She was slim and toned; but with curves that filled her figure hugging clothes perfectly. The clothes themselves were more remarkable. A simple dark red dress covered in intricate bronze patterns, sucked into the waist by an exquisitely tooled golden sash.
Neither of these were particularly unusual, though such garments existed only in the dreams of most workers. The fact that the fabric was peppered with tiny glowing points was more odd. Tor noticed that the sparks were slowly moving around the fabric, following the golden lines that were tooled into it. Then he realised what the golden lines were. The whole thing was some kind of huge circuit board. Tor wandered what it did. It was certainly a feat of engineering.

These next ones could be involved somewhere: perhaps scourge who have replaced too much of their body with machine and gone mad:
At the other end of the bridge a pair of things, that Tor had first taken to be guards, stood to attention. As he approached, he saw how wrong he had been.
The creatures were only roughly human in shape; hunched and twisted. As Tor drew closer he could see them; ghoulish parodies of a normal being. They had jaundiced skin that hung loosely from thin, stringy muscles and brittle bones. They were dressed in rags that lurched spasmodically in time to their rasping breathing.
Tor shivered with fear as he tried to avoid looking at the sickening array of wires that spat from bulging veins, and machinery that fed into scarred flesh; the mechanisms that kept these broken things from dying, but at the same time only granted them a half life and wretched existence.

The next one was an alien, but he could be adapted to be a disfigured human of some kind:
The guard in front of him nodded. The golden tooling on his helmet glinted as he did so – he was the Leithgul, the commander of the guards. Flexis noticed that his helmet was cracked in one corner. “It was certainly... unexpected. He was remarkably lucky.” The guard rattled out through the grille in his helmet. The guard turned back toward Flexis and swept off his helmet. Flexis had to steel himself. The guard's appearance was repulsive no matter how long you took to get used to it.
Bane's face was oddly pale, making the vicious red glint in his eyes stand out all the more. His nose didn't jut at all from his head- it was just a pair of thin slits in the mottled skin. The jaw jutted, displaying an array of sharp teeth and deadly fangs. There were no lips or cheeks, the skin of his face simply dissolved straight into his gums. The face was oddly broad and flattened, like that of some sort of bat.
The most odd feature of this particular guard though, was his hair. It was greasy and black, styled in an odd way. It had been roughly twisted together into thick dreadlocks, tugged so hard that the skin on the guard's scalp was raw and red. Strangely, thousands of little points caught the light and glinted menacingly. Flexis realised that there were small blades threaded into his hair. The back of the Leithgul's head and neck were criss crossed with the dozens of small white scars. Flexis smiled wryly. The guy certainly had zeal.

Ive got some more awesome descriptions of creatures and stuff, but theyre aliens that would be impossible to make into a human. The general theme could be used for a suit of armour though:
I can see them now. On the ceiling, dozens of huge luminous insects beat at a skylight. They click their pincered mouths and rasp their spined forearms together, and their franticly beating wings make a loud buzzing; each one is an entire ghastly chorus. Each of the creatures has a bulging group of totally black eyes, dark malicious orbs reflecting the blue light of our weaponry. Their heads split into a pair of chattering mandibles that drip saliva. Huge patches on the creatures bodies glow with a sickly green light that added to the horrifying effect.
Silently, I walked around the border of the room, keeping to the deeper shadows. I got close enough to the shapes to make out three huge, bearlike creatures. Each one stood on two legs and had mottled grey fur. The creature's faces were like animal's, with long, pointed snouts, two rows of dagger teeth and and a twisted, bony crest. The most striking thing about the creatures was their eyes; huge, red slits that seemed to possess a malign intelligence. They were twice as big as me. I was terrified. I could feel my heart hammering, it seemed, against my ribcage. Then I noticed the creatures hands; each one was an enormous hooked talon of bone. These hook claws were coated in blood and offal. Now I saw the corpse pushed into a corner, and I smelt blood.

Dunno if the last two can be made to have any relavence at all, but theyre good descriptions that arent likely to be seen by human eyes unless i post them here, which I think is a shame. The rest could be used somewhere.

Please read these. They should be interesting even if we cant find a niche for them.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Caael Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:09 pm

jacob wrote:Can the main char have some steampunk style goggles. They wont even be symbolic or anything. They just look cool.

Also, I found a pic that looks kinda like how I imagine a templar:
https://2img.net/h/i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/jeffmd4i/SteampunkFX2-1.jpg

Nothing like a templar.

The breastplate and greaves you drew should just be the default armour for templar warriors, because it looks awesome. Just design a basic hat or something to go with it, steam it up and you have your basic templar design.

Just because its set in a steampunk city doesnt mean everything has to have jets of smoke and gears turning.

Steve drew this for some angelic armour as well: http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img005ax8.jpg

Comment if you want.

Caael
Admin

https://scourgegame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:32 pm

I like the armour steve drew, but can we lose the winged symbol on the front cos it looks almost exactly like the one for blood angels space marines. I'll knock up some more detailed armour based on that if you want.

Also; ive had a random idea for a game that isnt even slightly related to this one, which I wanted to ask your opinion on: Theres a planet much like earth, possibly just earth, where almost everybody is wired into a kind of neural internet that links them all together. Something uploads a virus into the network and it soon drives everyone who was linked into this network psychotically mad. The only people left are social rejects and others that have been removed from the network, and it is up to one of them, the main character, to find and rescue others like him and ultimately destroy the hard drive/find a cure for the virus. The game would be dark and stealthy, where survival basically depends on you avoiding the attention of the network people. The game will have an extremely heavy cyberpunk theme, as this will be a very futuristic game. The general feel will be that it was a fairly distopian society already before it went to hell. This is as far as I've got.

jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Caael Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:41 pm

Yeah its good, but this is not the place for it. Keep that idea in the back of your mind, and after this game is hopefully published and on shelves, that can begin development.

Caael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolastom Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:06 pm

The blood angels have a giant set of wings with a blood in the middle of it; the armour looks good for the angel dude.

Now this hero really doesn’t need any special item of clothing considering you will be giving him all his equipment and giving a character a random piece of clothing only really works if you’re making a side character or just making some random protagonist like Sora from (Eugh) kingdom hearts.

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Appearance? - Page 2 Empty Templar Armor

Post  Darksword Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Looks like something a boss would be wearing. Lower ranked Templars should have something less exstensive, but still themed that way. I like the idea of using Roman Gladiator helmets for the average Templar; something like this maybe: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img366/6836/gladccs9.jpg

Would it be easier to make seperate topics for how the main character, Scourge, and Templars look? Or would that be too many for the same purpose?

Darksword

Back to top Go down

Post  Caael Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:37 am

The Myrmidon helmet looks cool, but we're trying to stray away from the ancient theme. We could integrate some parts into helmet design, but not basically copy them.

And this is a thread about how the character looks from the beginning of the game. The scourge/templar developments will come later.

Caael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:34 am

Random suggestion: Can the Wights (the assassin's) wear the mask I said earlier, because they would want to discuise their appearance and they are probably social rejects anyways.

jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 am

Also, yeah, have one topic for scourge n mongers, one for templars n sentinels, one for important characters and general themes (what does the buildings and Wights look like?)

Jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolastom Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:45 am

At the moment we really shouldn’t be discussing architecture of the lesser factions.

I might make a hierarchy of the two factions soon though.

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am

Architecture is important if were going to have it set in a city, which I think is agreed on. Even the lesser factions ought to be considered and given a basic style. It only takes ten minutes. Mongers: go for factories and big foundry type places. Sentinels: Granite government buildings. Templars: Grand buildings with statues/gargoyles, stained windows. Scourge: Big monolithic buildings, think fat, steam belching skyscrapers. Wights: wights live alone. They probably dont have many special buildings. Perhaps the odd pointed pillar style place.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Caael Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:23 am

Gargoyles? No the templar buildings will be sleek and simple. Not grand roman looking structures.

Caael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolastom Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:12 am

Yes I know it is important that’s why we are not going to have one paragraph about it and I said we shouldn’t talk about it right now.

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:13 am

Sleek and simple? Sounds like the LSD trip of the bughatti veyron design team, with all the fun bits taken out.
#

And yeah, ok, lets not talk about architecture yet.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksword Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:39 pm

I should probably make myself clear. I dislike the idea of a theater-style mask. When I said my bit earlier, I was imagining a Cobra Commander looking mask; just flat and featurelss. As the story progressed, the mask would take on the characteristics of whatever allignment the player joined. For example, The Scourge player would have more mechanical features, ie. machine looking vision-slits as eyes, steel plating ect.
Picture of Cobra Commander in case you don't know who he is.

Darksword

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum