The Scourge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name Discussion

3 posters

Go down

Name Discussion Empty Name Discussion

Post  Legolastom Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 pm

What’s up with the name "The scourge"?

And of course this thread will be for any further discussion of the name of the game.

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Name Discussion Empty Re: Name Discussion

Post  Caael Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:59 pm

Its something Jacob came up with as a name for the bad guy faction. Its not finalised, he just thought it was cool.

If you think of anything better, we can come to a compromise.

Btw, come up with any names for everything here. I cant be bothered to do anything right now as i have a lot to think about; mainly the music, but you can just brainstorm ideas Tom, i dont mind. Just put anything you think of down, even if its crap.

Caael
Admin

https://scourgegame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolastom Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:07 pm

I thought they were political parties? You don’t see the Tories being called "Snotty rich wankers" do you?

Imagine the conversation "Hey bob who you voting for?" "The scourge! They will wipe out the infidels and call down the demons from the sky, I also heard they have a good nation health service policy"

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Post  Caael Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:14 pm

LMAO

Well yeah, i explained about jacob hijacking the story and making the bad faction basically into chaos space marines :\

That is why you, boy, must come up with new, better names.

Jacob also came up with Templars as the good guys, but we're ignoring that because you'll just talk about creed the whole time.

Try and think of some good ancient deity names for the good guys, and machiney robotic names for the bad guys. Try to keep norse mythology out of it this time. Be original.

Caael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolastom Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 pm

Hey you helped with that norse stuff as well. And meh Templars are not a bad idea (Not as good guys though, I mean the Templars themselves were corupty FFS) but I was interested in the Templars and the Crusades long, long before Assassins creed.

Wikipedia to t3h rescue!

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Post  Caael Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:28 pm

As I was saying before, brainstorm ideas. I'll post up classes tomorrow, so you can think of stuff for them.

Caael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Name Discussion Empty Names...

Post  jacob, g Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:42 pm

I say keep the Scourge and ditch political factions, cos a) political factions makes for really boring cutscenes and b) ancient enemies who want nothing less than to exterminate each other is a lot more fun. Yes, its been done, but no-ones going to care.
Think about it... All political factions are corrupt because all politicians are corrupt.. so you can't have good guys at all, just the ones who noone likes and the ones that people like even less.

jacob, g

Back to top Go down

Name Discussion Empty Names again

Post  The hair Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Sorry i kinda hijacked your ideas btw.
Please dont have a norse theme. The ocasionally norse stylee on a helmet or a cloak design is cool, but the whole game Norse? No thanks.
There should be more than just two factions as well. Read my post on the city of Skythe in the plot section about that.
I've thought of another reason why it shouldn't be political with political sounding names, for the simple fact that its hard to be interested in a game where you can pick between Labour and conservatives, or something. The only advantage of a game like this is that you can shoot politicians.

The hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Caael Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm

politics is just a loose idea at the moment on the basis of 2 factions. Obviously its the easiest thing to do involving 2 factions. We want to stray from basic "evil vs good" and actually have 2 factions that make the players want to join, not because one is evil and one is good.

Caael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:36 am

ahhh ok. We could still do that. Like ure m8 says, the Templars were pretty nasty as well. The Scourge wud have top be toned down quite a lot though = /
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolastom Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:28 am

Basically what Caael said except what you don’t seem to realize is that political factions would rule the country and stuff, and both want to wipe each over out so that they can rule, or at least stop the other from ruling. So both factions have been fighting each other none stop for a very very long time however the public know nothing about this and just think they are just two big parties who are opposed to each other.

Also can’t wait to make propaganda posters N shit ^_^

Legolastom

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Now this I'm liking. But: Only the public do know about it, but politacal groups have all the power so the civilian buggers cant do anything about it. The only way the public could be unaware that theres a war going on would be because they are all dead, or stupid, or dead stupid, or all three. Then again, you could say that its some kind of covert war in which case it ends up being a stealth game. So play it that the civilians know but cant do anything much.
Also, if they do know about whats going on there can rebellions and uprisings and stuff, which could be lots of fun.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Caael Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:18 pm

If you've seen V for Vendetta, the scourge could be like the political party in that. Dont think of the politics as "oh, labour and conservative" because thats nothing like what we have planned. Its going to be a full scale political war, with propaganda posters n shiz, like Tom said. I'll make a thread for faction ideas for propaganda n shizzle.

I dont really think steve is actively involved in this anymore so you no longer require his approval for things Razz

Caael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 am

Yeah, so basically wat i said in last post. V for vendetta is awesome btw.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down