The Scourge Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weaponry and things that go boom

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weaponry and things that go boom - Page 2 Empty Re: Weaponry and things that go boom

Post  jacob Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:47 pm

ive thought of a cool weapon. Its basically a pair of gloves that sends a powerful electric shock through anything you grab with both hands. There are some awesome cyberpunk/steampunk glove ideas floating on the internet. This is probably too powerful for the character to use, cos a powerful electric shock should kill pretty quickly, so perhaps an enemy boss weapon?
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Weaponry and things that go boom - Page 2 Empty Re: Weaponry and things that go boom

Post  Caael Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Electricity= No

Maybe for your virus game, but not for this. Electricity is a no in this game; thats the whole point of the steampunk idea. Everything is steam powered, rather than electricity.

Caael
Admin

https://scourgegame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksword Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:38 pm

How about fire instead? Templars have the Codex of Fire in their possestion, so maybe it would be a personalized weapon for a Templar boss. It shouldn't be too hard to imagine a pair of steampunk looking gloves shooting fire from the palms/fingers or whatever.

Darksword

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:45 am

Rofl I forgot about the fact that its all steam. I said as much in my own backstory didnt I. Lol.#

I like the way you think Darksword. Kind of flamethrower gloves. Or, even better, you have a metal shaps on the gloves that is heated up mega hot, so you effectively have a cattle brand welded to your hands that you can use to burn holes through everyone.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:12 am

Will the shotgun have a pistol grip or a full stock? A pistol grip makes the gun much more manouverable, so its better for fairly rapid flowing combat, and the full stock makes it much less manouvable but also more accurate and is better at absorbing shock. Perhaps these could be variations that the player can change?
Mainly I just want to know so I can draw some concepts.

jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:44 am

Also, Im sure it would be possible to make permutations for melee weapons as well as guns. How about something that heats up a blade until it is boiling hot, or some kind of toxin injector to keep the weapon constantly coated in nasty poisons. Say you start off with a basic axe with one cutting edge. You might then be able to upgrade it to a double edged battleaxe. You could get permutations that make things sharper (blades) or heavier (crushing.) This needs to be discussed.
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Caael Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:02 am

Yeah, I like that idea. Maybe like grips for swords as well that increase steadiness with it, which means you can attack faster.

Caael
Admin

https://scourgegame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:09 am

Oooh yeh.
Also, can we please not have any kind of armour breaking/weapon breaking with use, cos I hate it.
Perhaps weapon enhancements could be in the form of modifactions to grip/blade/whatever like you said, as well as being able to pick one special 'injector' which basically adds a more powerful effect onto the weapon. The same could be with ranged weapons. You could get a toxin injector to make bullets/blades poisonous, an injector that coats everything in some kind of burning tar-like substance or just heats up the metal bits so it burns, one that... any more ideas?
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob Sat May 16, 2009 7:08 am

Is fighting gonna be mostly one on one or more tactical fighting against groups?
jacob
jacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2